- NGO’s, Politics and the Demise of the Grass Roots Revolution
- This Is My Old Site…
- Jason Bowman Is a fraud…
- Report From Tonight’s Casseroles March At Toronto’s George Brown College!
- Vancouver Area Network of Drugs Users (VANDU)- Your Tax Dollars At Work!
- Professor Anthony James Hall: The Truther With An Aversion To Truth!
- Indigenous Racism And The June 21st Uprising…
- Report From The Toronto Casseroles March Tonight!
- This Is What Trotskyists Look Like!
- Some Inspirational Words…
- Occupy Toronto: We (Aren’t) The 99%!
- Is BC Premier Christy Clark Trying To Muzzle The Press?
- Brigette DePape Admits The Quebec Strikes Are A Socialist Revolution!
- The BCGEU May Not Only Be Full Of Shit…
- OPSEU Walks-Out On Autistic Children!
- Montreal Students Conform To Bill 78!
- Toronto Hydro Insults Torontonians!
- The Black Bloc Have Honoured Me With A Personalized Chant!
- An Open Letter To The CEO Of Toronto Hydro
- What’s Going Wrong With The Student Fee Protests?
- Live: Toronto Student Fee (and anti-police) March
- An Open Letter To Thomas Mulcair
- What Are The Odds This Guy Is Innocent?
- Letter From A Fauxhawk (featuring Jayson Fleury!)
Category Archives: Canada
Posted on May 22, 2012
It was another beautiful day for a demonstration- the sun was shining and was mercifully accompanied by a cool soothing breeze. Spirits were high when I arrived on the scene. There was a small contingent of police- less than usual, I’m guessing this was related to Prince Charles’ visit…
Posted on May 22, 2012
About 125 people are marching right now on behalf of the student fee movement. Unfortunately, it has been hijacked by anarchists chanting about using guns on the police. There was a small altercation between the police and a couple of Black Bloc, but nobody was arrested.
And, quite flatteringly, members of the Bloc had their own special chant for me! I’ll keep you in suspense, and will post it later tonight…
Posted on May 19, 2012
It was a beautiful day for a demonstration- warm, sunny and just lovely. Today’s event was in Toronto, across the street from the US embassy. It was primarily about the Israel/Palestine issue, but a number of people there were also promoting that Canada pull-out of the war in Afghanistan (a position I totally agree with, it is time to bring the troops home). Continue reading →
Posted on May 16, 2012
A group of thugs invaded the Universite du Quebec a Montreal today. Spray painting the walls, invading classrooms and calling the students scabs for daring to go to classes- and, a couple of women were assaulted. What happened was like the early stages of a new Kristallnacht– how can we accept this kind of hooliganism in Canada?
Posted on May 11, 2012
One of the more interesting things about the W2 Media Centre is the imbalance between events focussed on media, and the number of parties and social events. Have a look at this screenshot from the events calendar on their website: Continue reading →
Posted on May 9, 2012
One of my more memorable moments at Occupy Vancouver was the day when two indigenous men from Vancouver’s Downtown East Side (DTES) lit a ‘sacred’ fire in the middle of our camp. I didn’t know it at the time, but both these men had a long history working with Harsha Walia & No One Is Illegal. I wrote one of my earliest stories on this incident- labelling it a sacred provocation…