- NGO’s, Politics and the Demise of the Grass Roots Revolution
- This Is My Old Site…
- Jason Bowman Is a fraud…
- Report From Tonight’s Casseroles March At Toronto’s George Brown College!
- Vancouver Area Network of Drugs Users (VANDU)- Your Tax Dollars At Work!
- Professor Anthony James Hall: The Truther With An Aversion To Truth!
- Indigenous Racism And The June 21st Uprising…
- (no title)
- Report From The Toronto Casseroles March Tonight!
- This Is What Trotskyists Look Like!
- Some Inspirational Words…
- Occupy Toronto: We (Aren’t) The 99%!
- Is BC Premier Christy Clark Trying To Muzzle The Press?
- Brigette DePape Admits The Quebec Strikes Are A Socialist Revolution!
- The BCGEU May Not Only Be Full Of Shit…
- OPSEU Walks-Out On Autistic Children!
- Montreal Students Conform To Bill 78!
- Toronto Hydro Insults Torontonians!
- The Black Bloc Have Honoured Me With A Personalized Chant!
- An Open Letter To The CEO Of Toronto Hydro
- What’s Going Wrong With The Student Fee Protests?
- Live: Toronto Student Fee (and anti-police) March
- An Open Letter To Thomas Mulcair
- What Are The Odds This Guy Is Innocent?
- Letter From A Fauxhawk (featuring Jayson Fleury!)
Category Archives: David Eby
Posted on May 10, 2012
UPDATE: This article includes some inaccuracies, please refer to the comments section for updated information
I’ve written about this issue a few times now, and posted the (very popular) video of Occupy Vancouver Gone Wild! It all started after Ben Pearson began to ask questions about OV finances. Ben’s a brave man, and I commend his tenacity in keeping-up the good fight here….
Posted on May 9, 2012
One of my more memorable moments at Occupy Vancouver was the day when two indigenous men from Vancouver’s Downtown East Side (DTES) lit a ‘sacred’ fire in the middle of our camp. I didn’t know it at the time, but both these men had a long history working with Harsha Walia & No One Is Illegal. I wrote one of my earliest stories on this incident- labelling it a sacred provocation…
Posted on May 8, 2012
Charlie Smith of the Georgia Straight wrote an interesting article after the Olympics outlining the highlights & lowlights of the 2010 games. And, of course, one of the Lowlights was given to Macdonald Stainsby’s & Harsha Walia’s shameful Black Bloc Incident…
Posted on May 8, 2012
We have a new actor to discuss in the International Socialist’s cast-of-characters. Today I introduce to you Winnie Ng, a professor at Ryerson University who currently holds the chair for the CAW-Sam Gindin Chair in Social Justice and Democracy. Winnie’s seat was previously held by, darling of the Black Bloc Judy Rebick!
The deeper I research into these people, the more it seems to me they are involved in a sinister conspiracy to take advantage of Canada’s indigenous communities…
Posted on April 26, 2012
UPDATE: You will see in the comments below that Dana Larsen has alerted me to a potential inaccuracy in this article regarding nonprofit vs charitable organizations. I have confirmed that LeadNow & the Council of Canadians are nonprofits and therefore not restricted by these laws. But, OpenMedia most certainly are…
I wrote back in March about a section in the federal budget titled “Enhancing Transparency & Accountability for Charities”. This provides $8 million earmarked for the CSA to better audit the political activities of charities and improve the transparency of their foreign sources…
Posted on April 25, 2012