- NGO’s, Politics and the Demise of the Grass Roots Revolution
- This Is My Old Site…
- Jason Bowman Is a fraud…
- Report From Tonight’s Casseroles March At Toronto’s George Brown College!
- Vancouver Area Network of Drugs Users (VANDU)- Your Tax Dollars At Work!
- Professor Anthony James Hall: The Truther With An Aversion To Truth!
- Indigenous Racism And The June 21st Uprising…
- (no title)
- Report From The Toronto Casseroles March Tonight!
- This Is What Trotskyists Look Like!
- Some Inspirational Words…
- Occupy Toronto: We (Aren’t) The 99%!
- Is BC Premier Christy Clark Trying To Muzzle The Press?
- Brigette DePape Admits The Quebec Strikes Are A Socialist Revolution!
- The BCGEU May Not Only Be Full Of Shit…
- OPSEU Walks-Out On Autistic Children!
- Montreal Students Conform To Bill 78!
- Toronto Hydro Insults Torontonians!
- The Black Bloc Have Honoured Me With A Personalized Chant!
- An Open Letter To The CEO Of Toronto Hydro
- What’s Going Wrong With The Student Fee Protests?
- Live: Toronto Student Fee (and anti-police) March
- An Open Letter To Thomas Mulcair
- What Are The Odds This Guy Is Innocent?
- Letter From A Fauxhawk (featuring Jayson Fleury!)
Tag Archives: current-events
I woke up this morning to find I got a message from Jayson Fleury- you may remember him from my story about Occupy Toronto’s ‘sacred’ fire. If you’ve been around activist circles in Toronto or Vancouver, chances are you’ve run across this guy.
Have a look at his letter, and my response below. This could be interesting…
The city of Montreal has passed Bill 78 by a margin of 33-2- banning the use of masks in demonstrations. The bill also requires protesters to provide the authorities with planned routes for their demonstrations eight hours before they are initiated. The law comes across to many as draconian…
The first incident of violence at Occupy Vancouver came long before a juvenile kid in the Black Bloc hit a cop in the face with a flagpole, and long before an occupier bit a fireman and another stole a cop’s ammunition during the ‘sacred’ fire incident. It was a seemingly unexpected event that happened at the end of a General Assembly (GA) that was dedicated to discussing how we’d make Occupy Vancouver a ‘Safe Space’.
I noticed this last night, but didn’t post until I could get confirmation. It has been confirmed this morning that Brandon Gray (not his real name, to be released later) was on-sight at Occupy Montreal’s Jail Solidarity event I wrote about in my last article. No wonder it was such a PR negative event!
Here’s an interesting video of a demonstration yesterday by Occupy Montreal. They were gathering in ‘jail solidarity’ for their members who were arrested for throwing smoke bombs into the Metro. This is interesting on a couple of levels…
One of the more disturbing moments I’ve had since I arrived in Toronto was a meeting with the ‘good’ people of @Occupy Bay Street. If the Stasi had ever adopted political correctness rules, these people would have most likely taken Erich Honecher’s place in history. Canadian Marxists are no different and/or better than their Soviet age predecessors.
I got some rather unsavoury hate-mail from Irwin Oostinde’s W2 Media Centre today- and I think it says a lot about his organization. Yes, it did address some of the questions I asked in my article about W2. That said, it raised a whole lot more of them. Have a look at what they had to say- my letter to Irwin comes after the screenshot…